Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blast Off!

Much enthusiasm crowded the likes of my living room yesterday evening. I was delighted when nine new faces showed up to my "hang out and draw and talk about throwing awesome art/music charity events" meeting. It was elating l to throw around conversation and streams of thought with other like minded, talented artists. Those ideas have been rattling around in my brain for years!

We touched on topics such as what name as an art/music/production/promotion/design company that we would throw events under and what kinds of things we would like to do artwise as a group. I am excited to see what we come up with!

We are off to a great start and will be working hard during the next couple of months to be putting on a show featuring several local electronic music artists, affordable artwork availailable at a pocket friendly price, artists producing live art, and attendee participation artwork as well.

A portion of the artwork that we sell at and after the events will go to support different charities. The first show we will throw will support the victims of the recent Haitian Crisis. I look forward to having a blast while supporting the world!

To those who showed came and conquered the night it was a pleasure meeting you all and I look forward to working with you.(!) And I cannot wait to toss around some artwork next week at ...what hall? See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment